Rick Vasquez Firearms LLC
235 Deer Creek Road
Winchester VA 22602
Social Security Number:
Country of Citizenship: U.S.
Security Clearance: Top secret
October, 2014 – Present
Independent Firearms Consultant
- Provide services related to firearms identification and classification, as applied to the Gun Control Act and National Firearms Act, to the firearms industry and the private sector.
August, 2011 – September 2014
BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS and EXPLOSIVES (ATF)
Firearms Trafficking and Interdiction Branch, Firearms Operations Division
Program Manager/ Branch Chief Firearms Training Branch
- Developed programs and training on firearms trafficking and interdiction.
- Assisted Field Operations in identifying and instructing firearms trafficking trends.
- Assisted in updating and writing all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of the National Firearms Act Branch (NFA).
- Developed specific training on 3D printing, partially complete receivers, and counterfeit firearms.
- Trained all Central American and Mexican federal law enforcement counterparts on U.S. firearms laws and regulations.
- Serve as the firearms expert for Field Operations on all firearms related subjects.
- Presented United States firearms regulations and trafficking trends to Interpol and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Developed and presented a course on importation guidelines and United States Firearms laws to the Australian Federal Police, Australian Crime Commission and Australian Customs.
June 1999 – August 2011
BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS and EXPLOSIVES (ATF)
Firearms Technology Branch
Assistant Branch Chief, Acting Chief, Firearms Technology Branch (FTB)
- Supervised and trained a staff of 14 personnel, including 8 Firearms Enforcement Officers, 1 Evidence Technician, 1 Writer-Editor, 1 Program Analyst, and 2 Gunsmiths. Organized the workload and performed all personnel functions of this office.
- Developed training in all aspects of firearms use and identification. Instrumental in developing and implementing training for law enforcement counterparts in several Federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Served as the expert on all Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) identification and classifications.
- Wrote Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all aspects of FTB operations. These SOPs have now been used to defend ATF policies in criminal and civil litigation.
- Served as a Firearms (shooting) Instructor.
- Instrumental in developing firearms identification training specifically for the “Southwest Border” program.
- Reviewed and corrected all reports prepared on evidence submitted by ATF special agents.
- Served as the expert on classification on items submitted by the firearms industry for classification under the GCA and the NFA.
- Served as the expert on firearms importation guidelines and reviewed all items submitted for approval for importation.
June 1996 – June 1999
DIPLOMATIC SECURITY SERVICE (DSS)
Firearms Instructor – November 1996 – June 1999
Conducted all manner of firearms training for DSS. Developed training syllabi for long-range rifle training, fire and maneuver tactics, submachine gun, handgun, and evacuation techniques under live fire.
- Certified the Mobile Security Division and the Tactical Response team as firearms instructors.
- Wrote training manuals and training syllabi to cover all aspects of firearms training.
- Developed and conducted training in force protection, IED detection, surveillance and counter terrorism.
- Instructed the force continuum policy to DSS Special Agents.
August 1974 – April 1996
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
Attained the rank of Master Sergeant and served in many key leadership positions.
August 1994 – April 1996
Detachment Commander – American Embassy, Moscow, Russia –
January 1993-August 1994
Detachment Commander – American Embassy, Kingston, Jamaica
January 1989- January 1993
Floor Chief – Weapons Training Battalion – Quantico, Virginia
- Instructed an armorer training course in Colombia, South America, in support of “Operation Snowcap.”
- Certified as a High Risk Personnel (firearm trainer) instructor.
January 1974 – January 1989
Recruiter –Winston Salem NC – and other various duty stations
Received the award as Non Commissioned Office in Charge of the Year and was
meritoriously promoted to Gunnery Sergeant.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Testified over 40 times in Federal and state court and certified as an expert witness
- Instructor for Interstate Nexus course
- Distinguished High Power Rifle Shooter
- Previous FFL Holder, successful business in custom rifle repair and sales
- Certified armorer for the following gun companies, Ruger, Glock, Smith and Wesson, and Heckler and Koch
- Received manufacturing and historical instruction at the following firearms sites; Marlin, Savage, H&R Inc., Winchester, Mossberg, Springfield Armory, Wilson Tools, Sig, Glock, Walther, Mauser, etc.
- Completed course of instruction in Principles of Acoustics and the Measurement of Sound
- Developed a course in recognition of silencers/silencer components and served as an expert in the classification of silencers and silencer components under federal statutes
- Wrote numerous training lesson plans in the use and identification of firearms related subjects
- Have trained official government personnel in firearms identification in the following countries: France, Canada, Colombia, El Salvador, Mexico, Canada, Belize, Jamaica, Curacao and Guatemala
- Conversant in all aspects of the NFA
- Knowledgeable in the requirements of importing firearms and firearms components
- Presented firearms regulations to the Guatemalan Supreme Court
- Received public service award from the United States Attorney in the 4th district
- Recipient of ATF’s Distinguished Service Medal
- Recipient of numerous letters of appreciation from ATF, FBI, and foreign law enforcement